OBJECTIVES & CORE VALUES OF THE CHURCH
- To propagate the gospel of our Lord Jesus Christ that is, to preach and to teach the message of the cross to all mankind.
- To correct the erroneous teachings that is prevailing in christendom today. The doctrines of satan must be nibbed in the bud.
- To raise righteous people who shall be a formidable army of the Lord in pulling down every strongholds of satan.
- To build a family of God’s people, where true love, joy and peace flows amongst her members and to be a reference point for others to follow.
- To be of assistance to the fatherless, motherless, orphans, widows, the less privileged and indigent members of the society.
- To contact, co-operate, collaborate and exchange ideas with other ministries whose aims, objectives, beliefs e.t.c are not at variance with the provisions of this constitution and the Holy Scriptures (the Bible).
- To do other such things that will promote the total well-being (spiritual, financial, physical, moral e.t.c.) of the members of the church.
- We believe and preach the truth of the Word of God. We believe in the wholesome teaching of the Holy Scriptures (Bible), as the inspired word of God. II Tim. 3:16.
- We believe that Jesus Christ is the son of God and the only Saviour of mankind. We believe in the redemptive power of the blood of Jesus Christ which was shed on the cross of calvary, without which there is no substitute for the redemption of mankind. (Jn.14:1, Acts 4:12, I Tim. 1:15, Eph. 1:7, Col. 1:14, 18).
- We believe in the baptism of the Holy Spirit with the evidence of speaking in other tongues (Acts 1:8, 2:1-4) and that the Holy Spirit is the chief executive of today’s church. We believe in the gifts as well as fruits of the Holy Spirit. We hold firmly that no believer can attain full maturity without the indwelling of the Holy Spirit.
- We believe in water baptism by immersion signifying that we died and rose with the Lord Jesus Christ (Matt. 3:6, Jn 3:23, Acts 8:36).
- We believe in the rapture of the saints i.e being caught up to be with the Lord in the sky, of both the dead and the living at the last trumpet. The dead in Christ shall rise first and we that are alive shall be caught up with an incorruptible body (I Cor. 15:51-53, I Thess. 4:13-17).
- We believe in eternity. We believe that there is a place called Heaven, which is the throne of God and the everlasting abode of the righteous. We also believe in the existence of hell as a place of torment reserved for satan and his agents as well as those whose names are not found in the Lamb’s book of life (Matt. 25:41, Rev. 20:10-15).
- We believe in the Holy Communion, that is, the taking of bread and wine which symbolizes the body and blood of Jesus Christ (Matt. 26:28, I Cor. 11:23-24).
- We believe in the transformation that takes place in the life of the individual that has accepted Jesus Christ as his/her Lord and personal saviour. We believe and preach about the changed life (II Cor.5:17, Jn 1:12, Titus 2:11-14
- We believe in miracles. We believe that God is a miracle working God and that He still does miracles today. We believe in Healing, deliverance, people being raised from the dead e.t.c.
- We believe in the fellowship of the saints. We believe that the fellowship is still very relevant as ever. (Heb. 10:25, Acts 2:46-47, I Jn 1:7).
- We believe in marriage as a divine institution, entered into by a man and a woman (Monogamy for the purpose of mutual help and procreation (Gen. 2:18-24). Marriage also exemplifies the mystical union between Christ and His church (Eph.5:22-23).
- We believe in restitution which makes it possible and necessary to restore back what has been taken from someone unlawfully after genuine repentance and conversion (Lk 19:8, Acts 3:21). However, we believe that this must be done by the guidance of the Holy Spirit.
- We place emphasis on the total well-being of the believer i.e. spiritual, financial, material, physical, health and psychological well-being of the believer.
- We believe in godly prosperity. Prosperity gotten through genuine, godly, lawfully and legal ways. We believe that God does prosper His children so that they can be a blessing. (Deut. 8:18, 3 Jn:2). We encourage every believer to be hardworking and with God favour, they will prosper.
- We believe in church discipline as a means of correcting erring members and ministers who breach the rules and regulations of the church. Disciplinary measures may include but not united to the following: Rebuke, suspense, ex-communication.
- We believe that evangelism, soul winning is the supreme task of every believer. Everyone born again should have passion for souls. He or she should be burdened with the desire to see many saved. Mk. 16:15-20, Matt. 28:18-20.